Active holidays and pure relaxation. Summer offers a wide range of activities in San Valentino. The Val Venosta Valley is a popular holiday destination for hikers and mountain climbers, here you will find countless hiking routes and also the highest mountain in South Tyrol, the Ortler.
Trendy sports enthusiasts have fun in summer with kite surfing, rafting or canyoning. In addition, the summer skiing areas, Passo Stelvio and Val Senales are not far from San Valentino and offer an interesting alternative.
Highlights with us in San Valentino and the surrounding area:
- Sailing at 1500 metres is one of the most unique experiences that South Tyrol offers.
- Lake Resia is also popular with windsurfers, saving them the long journey to Lake Garda.
- Because of the constant wind conditions, the kitespot at Lake Resia is one of the most interesting lakes for kitesports.
- When the temperatures in Bolzano and Merano rise above 35°, the Passo Resia offers a pleasant climate with cooler temperatures and a light breeze.
- Lake Resia is a hiking tip for the whole family. As you walk around the lake, you will experience blossoming mountain meadows, traditional haystacks and of course the tower in the lake.
- The biker season is in full swing from May. Experience the most beautiful motorbike tours in South Tyrol and the Engadine. San Valentino is an optimal starting point for motorbike tours.
- From the Passo Resia to Merano by bike. Experience the beauties of the Val Venosta on a bike. You start in San Valentino and cycle to Merano. Return with the Val Venosta railway and the last 17 km by taxi.
- On the via ferrata of the Klopairspitze, even experienced mountaineers are challenged. Accompanied by an experienced mountain guide, you will certainly find numerous climbing challenges in the Upper Val Venosta.
- A horse ride in the larch forest, around the Haidersee or to the Bruggeralm is something very special for young and old.